While the offer is more and more vast, hybrid cars have more than ever the wind in their sails. And for good reason, most manufacturers now offer trendy alternatives, in all segments. Enough to seduce motorists!
Charging a hybrid car
What are the advantages of a hybrid car?
The advantages are many:
- fuel economy
- ease of driving
- versatility of hybrid cars (in town and on the highway)
- polluting CO emissions2 reduced
Models combining thermal and electric motorization have many advantages. Enough to make many motorists want to take the plunge, while recharging infrastructures are developing, allowing them to drive in zero-emission mode on most daily journeys, and therefore to achieve significant fuel savings. A significant argument in favor of hybridization, at a time when the price of gasoline and diesel is particularly high.
If they can represent a high cost to purchase, you should know that plug-in hybrid vehicles are eligible for several state aids, allowing the bill to be lowered. Find out which ones.
The ecological bonus
As with electric cars, plug-in hybrids can claim an ecological bonus, currently capped at €1,000. A significant little boost from the government, which unfortunately will disappear definitively from next July.
So don’t wait if you want to take advantage of this help! To be able to benefit from it, you will then have to choose a vehicle rejecting between 21 and 50 grams of CO2 per kilometer, able to travel at less than 50 km in 100% electric mode and cost less than €50,000.
The conversion bonus
Motorists wishing to buy a plug-in hybrid vehicle can also take advantage of the conversion bonus, again allowing them to reduce the bill. Combined with the ecological bonus, this aid is then granted when scrapping a second-hand car, for the purchase of a connected, new or second-hand car.
The scale of the conversion bonus in 2022
The amount of this then depends on the reference tax income of the person making the request, but also on the autonomy in 100% electric mode of the vehicle purchased.
- If this is less than 50 km, the bonus is €3,000, for taxable income of less than €13,489 per unit.
- If it is higher, the aid goes to €5,000, for the same income. She can then climb €6,000 if the price of the vehicle is below €50,000.
- If the reference tax income is greater than €13,489 per unit, then the amount of the premium is reduced. It is capped at €1,500 for a vehicle with an electric range of less than 50 km and at €2,500 if it is greater.
Local aid for clean hybrid vehicles
Some local authorities also offer specific aid for the purchase of a hybrid vehicle.
In the Greater Paris metropolis for example, it is possible to claim a bonus of up to €6,000, on the same principle as the conversion bonus. However, several conditions must be met:
- You must abandon your old car which will be destroyed.
- The value of the replaced vehicle must not exceed €50,000 excluding tax.
- The aid can only be used once per person for a single vehicle.
- The new vehicle can be new, used, under long-term lease or lease with option to buy.
- The aid makes it possible to opt for a clean vehicle (car, van, etc.).
Finally, by combining all the aid, you can save a maximum of €13,000 on the purchase of a plug-in hybrid vehicle.
Good to know: In almost all regions of France, the gray card becomes almost free for clean vehicles. There is a tax exemption on electric and hybrid cars which significantly lowers the price. In the case of a hybrid car, you will only pay €13.76 for your gray card.